15. David Chun (BSME 2012) has graduated this past May, and will begin his career at Green, Tweed & Co. working with composite materials for aerospace applications.
14. James Sargianis (MSME 2012) has graduated this past May. He will begin his career at NAVAIR, a civilian engineering branch of the Department of the Navy in which he will work on the design and analysis of aircraft launch and recovery equipment for aircraft carriers.
13. James Sargianis placed 1st in the 2012 SAMPE National Student Symposium in the Master’s Degree Category at the SAMPE National Conference in Baltimore, MD.
12. Devin Prate has received the 2012 NASA Delaware Space Grant Undergraduate Tuition Award.
11. Two students of the Composite Moduli Lab received awards at the CCM’s Student Achievement Day; Devin Prate received the Outstanding Senior Award, and James Sargianis received the Achievement Award.
10. Jaesoon Jang won the 2012 SPIE Travel Award to present his work at the 2012 SPIE Conference in San Diego, CA.
8. A team of three University of Delaware mechanical engineering professors, plus researchers from three other academic institutions, are collaborating to develop three-dimensional (3D) carbon nanotube structures.
7. Dr. Suhr and Dr. Bingqing Wei receive a strategic initiative grant from the University of Delaware Research Foundation for work on Advanced Nanocomposite Materials for Hydrogen Generation with a High Efficiency.6. The Composite Moduli Lab welcomes Benoit Bouveret from Arts-et-Metiers Paris Tech, France as a visiting graduate student. 5. James Sargianis places 2nd in the SAMPE Regional Student Night Poster Contest. 4. Dr. Suhr visited the Agency for Defense Development (ADD) in South Korea between Dec. 11 to Dec. 16 for the Foreign Expert Invitation Plan, where he gave seminars on nano-enhanced composites and energy absorbing materials. 3. The Composite Moduli Lab welcomes Dr. Kwang-Soo Kim from the Korean Aerospace Research Institute as a visiting researcher. 2. Dr. Suhr was invited to serve as an Editorial Board Member for Scientific Reports, a new initiative from Nature Publishing Group. 1. Dr. Suhr was invited as a seminar speaker to the Kazuo Inamori School of Engineering at Alfred University. On October 7, 2010 he presented his work on Innovative Energy Absorbing Composite Materials.