Miscellaneous Outdoor Info
National and State Parks
- Bahia Honda State Park
- Big Bend National Park, West Texas.
- "one of the largest parks in the country, boasts paved roads and
181 miles of dirt roads slicing through more than 801,000 acres of desert
and mountains." nps.gov/bibe,
432-477-2251. From"Jeep Magazine" (Vol 3, Issue 2, Summer 2004).
- But you better be prepared to drive to get there. From the nps.gov web
site: Amtrak serves Alpine, TX, 108 miles to the north. Bus service is
available to Alpine and Marathon. The nearest airports are in Midland,
TX (230 miles to the northeast), and El Paso, TX (325 miles to the northwest).
- Least Visited National Parks (nps.gov), From"Jeep Magazine" (Vol
3, Issue 2, Summer 2004).
- Lassen Volcanic in Mineral CA
- Capitol Reef, Torrey UT
- Wind Cave, Hot Springs SD
- North Cascades, Marblemouth WA
- Isle Royale, Houghton MI