Assignment: Safety Key
1) At the Command Line, use Qnew to start a new drawing.
2) Use default template acad.dwt file. This will set the limits to 12x9.
3) Under “File” choose “Save as” to save the drawing on the desktop using the standard naming convention.
4) At the Command Line, type in “units”.
5) Within the dialogue box choose appropriate units and precision settings. The precision should be .00 and millimeters is acceptable for this project.
6) Turn the grid “on” using the button at the bottom of the drawing.
7) Zoom drawing to “all”.
8) Create appropriate layers, colors and load linetypes under the pull down menu “format”. Example: Layers would be border, part, dimension, hidden lines and text; each layer would have a corresponding color and linetype.
9) Utilize the Text Style Manager to create different text “styles” (i.e., dimension, gentxt).
10) Start drawing at a X,Y coordinate that will allow for good drafting practices to be used. Objects can be moved if needed.
11) Refer to the example drawing (link above), and proceed drawing using draw and modify commands and basic drafting techniques.
12) Draw a rectangular border around project.
13) Utilize the “pedit” command to give the border some width.
14) Email your AutoCAD drawing to firstname.lastname@example.org.